An Ode To The Crew: My friends are my role models

I am privileged to be able to call the following women my friends, scratch that I meant family. These women are my sisters. And while I may have met each of them in different spaces and at different times in my life, we have created a chosen family, one that consists of regularly calling one another out on our bullshit, gassing each other consistently, and maintaining the healing space we’ve created. These are the people I can talk to without even having to say a word, whose memes make me la ugh at inappropriate times. These are women who uplift other women around them, daily.  I am not sure where I would be today without them. On top of being some of the best people I know, they are all out in this trash ass world doing amazing things. They keep me focused and motivate me to be the best versions of myself. They are soon to be doctors (studying Garifuna women and embodied memory) and nurses. They are middle school language and literacy teachers. They are youth advocates and volunteer engagement managers. They are truly what this world needs.  All badasses in their own right. Fearless and free. I truly admire their forms of personal resistance.

Tagged , , , ,